Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Booking out of state...


I woke up this morning to the sound of workers outside putting salt on my path and driveway. I though to myself: it did not snow...why are there people hastily working to get salt out? Then it occurred to me that THERE IS a SNOWSTORM on the way! Ahh. Just when I thought it would let up, and I would wash the salt residue off my car...enough ranting...
Next week I am headed to Miami (thank goodness) for a couple days. I am really looking forward to the brief amount of sunshine I will get. This brings me to the topic of shooting out of state. Due to the Internet's vast reach, finding a videographer or videography company that you love that is out of state, is not an uncommon thing. Many times we get calls and emails saying "oh I would love to hire forever films but I did not know you were not in my state. Is that a problem?". Our reply is often "not a problem at all." Often times I think the understanding is that if you are out of state, you are out of reach. That is definitely not the case. When you get married, people come in from all over the place, including out of state. So...is it so weird to have your photographer or videographer do the same? The cost of travel is so low, and anywhere in the country is nearly a 3 hour plane ride away...so...should you be afraid to book out of state? Absolutely not. If you fall in love with the work of someone who is not within a 20minute drive, fear not. The world is getting smaller by the day. So go ahead, hire that guy who looks like Fabio that flies in from Key West to shoot...or you could call us at forever films. We would love to come capture the big day. No matter where it is...

Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment