Thursday, February 11, 2010

Written goals come to life

I woke up this morning to another cold winter day here in Minnesota. It is nice because I live close to Minneapolis with out living in it. I let Nala(our 7 moth old 50 pound German Shepherd "puppy") out to do her normal morning routine. I soon realized she was dancing. I was confused. I though "why is she doing that". I soon realized that the ground is so cold that it was hurting her feet. Wow. It is way too cold for way too long here.
This has been an incredible week. On Monday, Mike and I checked off of our list, the final goal we have had on our white board for over a year. We went to Micro Center (a computer store here http://www.Microcenter.com) and purchased all of the components to make a new editing machine. 8 hours later and much frustration after building our first computer, we had finished assembling the baddest, meanest, most powerful editing computer alive(to us). It has 12 gigs of ram, 9.5 terabytes of hard drive space, a Blu-ray burner, and a whole lot more good stuff I don't understand. Needless to say, editing has been a lot more fun, and fast paced the past couple days.
Yesterday I went flying (in a small private airplane) with a good friend. Tim is in aircraft sales and can take me flying anytime I want to go. I don't know if I have mentioned this but I have my private pilot's license. I got it when I was 18. It has been a while since I have been up, so yesterday was a real treat.
Today I spoke with Sherwood pictures (http://www.sherwoodpictures.com/). They are the group that made the movie "Fireproof" and "Facing the Giants". We are in talks to put a copy of "Fireproof" in every package we deliver. We feel it is such a great movie and a perfect movie to start out as newlyweds. So if we do your wedding film, chances are you will get a copy of the movie in your final package.

On to the title of today's blog: Write down your goals. We have accomplished ALL of our purchasing goals just one short year after writing them down. We could not have done it without written goals. Mike and I just added a new goal to the list. An Airplane. We want to travel the country shooting wedding films in our own Forever Films company airplane. Nothing Fancy just a propeller plane. How fun! I can not stand commercial air travel. Crazy huh? We don't think so. After all: we have now written it down.

Charles
It has been an incredible week.

No comments:

Post a Comment