Monday, February 15, 2010

The Movie Fireproof

It was probably a year and a half ago when Mike (my best friend and business partner) said casually "hey, you should go see that movie Fireproof". At the time, I was in fact a firefighter for the city I lived in at the time, so I noted it in my mind to go see it sometime. I did not think much of it, and had not even heard of the movie.  It then came up a couple weeks later when Jessica and I had a date night, went to the theatre and it was still playing. We decided to go see the movie. All I can say at this point is that the movie changed my perspective on marriage and relationships forever. "Fireproof" was written by two brothers (Stephen and Alex Kendrick) in ministry with a church called Sherwood Baptist church (http://sherwoodbaptist.net). They had also done the movie "Facing the Giants" (http://www.facingthegiants.com/home.php) which was a movie that blew me away.
I am not sure why you go to movies, but most people go for entertainment and maybe a good message. When Jessica and I sat down in the theatre to watch "Fireproof" we did not expect to learn life lessons. By the time the movie was over, we were wrecked. It changed my perspective on everything. Not only was it full of humor, action, romance and drama, it had a life lesson worth learning. To say the least, it is defiantly on my list of all time best movies ever.
Mike and I had a serious conversation last week about the future of Forever Films. We spent a good amount of time taking about what we want to do with Forever Films, what we stand for, what we are all about, what we do, and what we do NOT do. This is not a post to explain those things. What I will share with you now, is what I believe to be one of the best ideas we have come up with to this day. In every package we do, when we ship the final product to the newlyweds, we will include a full length copy of the movie "Fireproof". Mike and I want our wedding films and videography to be a tool that honors marriage, and helps couples see the power and commitment they have had for each other. I finally got the guts to email Alex Kendrick today. He was the Director/ Writer/ Producer of "Fireproof". I have not heard back from him, but who knows, maybe I will...

If we have not and will not be doing your wedding film (because you are already married or for some other reason) go out and BUY a copy of the movie (http://fireproofthemovie.com/) (http://www.marketamerica.com/jessicadennison/affiliate-34683908/fireprooffacing-the-giantsflywheel-3_discs_.htm). I highly recommend it. If you are married, single or dating... it is sure to impress you. If we are doing your wedding, buckle your seatbelt, you are in for a real treat...

Thats it for today.

Be blessed,
Charles

2 comments:

  1. Great post I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this interesting and knowledgeable article. buy dvd counterpart season 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. buy dvd the exorcist season 2

    ReplyDelete