Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Winter wonderland wedding

It is funny. Every time I type the word "Videography" it puts the little red squiggly lines under it. I think I am starting to develop a paranoia of poor spelling. I am not sure if Videography is not a real word, or if someone just forgot to add it to the dictionary. At any rate, I think I will just add it myself.

I think hard about the word videography and how it relates to the wedding business. I must admit, before I started doing wedding films, I thought of wedding videography as a cheap, cheesey boring video of you wedding. I don't know about you, but I think this is the case for many people. In some cases, the bride or the groom has to plead to their fiance to have video. What blows me away is that everytime we deliver it, the "skeptic" contacts us and says the same thing. The words change a little bit, but the message is the same: "I had no idea...i am so sorry I was against this in the beginning". Now they have another reason to be happy they married the person they did!

Mike and I have spent a good amount of time today talking about the future of Forever Films. We have many great things on the horizon. Many weddings for 2010 already booked. We have started to grow our staff, and enjoyed every minute of it. David Fink (a local film maker) is joining our team! He has an incredible talent for doing what he does. David and I shot a beautiful wedding at "the Outing Lodge" in Stillwater, MN last weekend. The Bride was stunning, the groom was happy as ever, and it was a GREAT time. We used our new Glidecam to shoot the wedding, and I must say, the footage is amazing. I can not wait to get working on this project! I will say, I had a blast with award winning photographer, Chloe and her husband Brant. The photos will be amazing. Also I must mention that the planner Danielle was wonderful. She truley impressed us. I do not think the day would have been such an overwhelming success without Danielle. If you are planning a wedding HIRE A PLANNER. They are invaluable. They save more than they cost.

On to the part that I am very excited about: we just got asked to be featured in Maple Grove Magazine. We were contacted by the editor yesterday, and they want to feature us in their September issue. It may seem like a ways away, but we do the interview in May. WOW! I must say, it makes me a little nervous to be interviewed for something like this. We have never been published in an article before...it makes me smile just writing about it...

Although I could probably blog all day, I must get back to working.

Until next time,

Charles

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Stillwater! We're so happy you enjoyed your work at the Outing Lodge. We're always looking for great video to highlight our area. If you're interested in sharing a short clip (with permission from the couple), I'd like to hear from you!

    Jennifer, director@ilovestillwater.com

    ReplyDelete